Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Drip Drip Dripping

Once upon a midday dreary, while I slumbered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious mattress of bedsheets thick,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a dripping,
As of water gently dripping, dripping at my bathroom sink.
" 'Tis some water," I muttered, "dripping at my bathroom sink;
Only this, and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or madam, truly your forgiveness I do seek;
But the fact is, I was sleeping, and so gently you came dripping,
And so faintly you came dripping, dripping at my bathroom sink,
That I scarce was sure I heard you." Here I opened wide my eyes...
...and I realised that the bathroom upstairs was leaking onto my bed.

Ewww.

4 comments:

tendafoot said...

I'm not a hundred percent certain of this, but I've heard that you're not legally obliged to pay rent when your room is in a condition like that.

You might want to look into that, just cos if you stop paying rent you can bet that your landlord will try that much harder to get it fixed for you, and sooner.

Snipergirl said...

Yeah, I checked up after you said that... I'm pretty sure you're right.
If it's still not fixed when i get back... I am DEFINITELY not paying any rent if they haven't fixed it by the time I get back, or if my stuff is ruined.

I think I'm going to look for a new place to live by mid-year.

tendafoot said...

Well, you know, you'll only have half a year left then. You could easily just spend six months staying over at friends houses.

A couple days here, a couple there, and by the time you've stayed over at all your friends houses, it's been like a month, and you can visit the first person again.

James said...

This is my new blog, though it has nothing exciting in it, just a few cryptic puzzles and some links to other journals which you already know about.
-Viridiancircle