Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Friends Online!

And thus it came to be that I went out in Sydney to hang out with the gays of Newtown of a Wednesday night with a couple of people, including Ez. We ended up, after a few beers at the Zanzi Bar, where we spied a few people who we had seen at The Bank. In my rather inebriated and therefore overly chummy state, I decided that it would be a good idea to talk to these three individuals, as Ez appeared to know one of them. She however, was rather unwilling to do the same, which all things considered could have been a better decision to have made.

So I introduce myself and sit down. There was Ez's Internet Friend, a girl I can only dub ADHD Girl, and N-A- (whose profile I realised later that I had seen online). These three had all met each other on the infamous GaydarGirls site. It soon became apparent that Internet Friend and ADHD Girl had some kind of weird fuckbuddy-esque relationship, and that N-A- was in fact taking oestrogen (which she sort of did then and there). I was talking to ADHD Girl who sort of seemed possibly attractive before I talked to her, but soon after starts to appear rather hyperactive and odd. Then I ask her about what she's studying:

Me: So what are you studying? [Thinks: She seems possibly cute]
ADHD Girl: I'm studying homeopathy
Me: Oh, that sounds interesting... [Thinks: Ok maybe I'd only make out with her for fun...]
ADHD Girl: So what are you studying?
Me: Medicine
ADHD Girl: Oh, that's sort of like... *long-winded explanation in weird homeopathic jargon which basically seems to relegate medicine to some sort of odd and inferior position*
Me: Uhhh, yeah ok. [Thinks: ... If I was desperate]

Later as I recall I made a comment about doubting that I was going to pick up in Sydney. ADHD Girl puts her arm around me and smiles. I ask whether that's an offer. Internet Friend glares at me. Then those two start to make out. I look over at N-A- who comments that it's "so cute". I comment that they look like they're about 18, and about as intelligent. They retort that they're actually 20. They keep making out intermittently. I back away slowly.

Three drinks later, while talking to some randomly interesting straight people, ADHD Girl comes up and asks me whether I'm interested in N-A-. This completely knocks me out of leftfield. I say I'm flattered, but no. Then I shake my head in complete incomprehension of just how random this night has been.

Then I drink some more.

10 comments:

Aubrey said...

Someone once equate physics and astrology for me, so I asked them if they could use astrology to predict the force and velocity of my fist when it smashed into their face.

"Well, since velocity is equal to distance divided by OWWW!"

Aubrey said...

*equated

nomercyboy said...

That really knocked you out of left field? I saw it coming, and I only read the story.

David said...

meh. you wanna do some marking for me? I've got three assignments (of forty kids, so that's..one hundred and twenty) sitting here, and have already found three that have been copied. stupid people don't know that I used to do the subject, so I know what to look for.

Snipergirl said...

I dare you all to predict my life for the next six months. Now. And post it here.

Aubrey said...

eat
sleep
study
eat
study
sleep
study
eat
study
study
eat
sleep
eat
study
study
study
sleep
eat
sex
sleep
eat
study

Snipergirl said...

WOAH! I get to have sex just after the exams! W00t!

David said...

I'd say what aubrey said, but without the sex... (I know how long you've gone without it, and how high your standards are!)

Snipergirl said...

*sob*!

Jess said...

hi, I found this blog by googling "nihilisticangel". I am her girlfriend. I was wondering if you could please get rid of the reference to her taking something, as she wishes to start her life anew, and as such does not want people to read that sort of thing about her and draw conclusions.