Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Price of Beef - a Blog of Average Proportions

The world of blogging is a miraculous one. From what once began as- from what I considered anyway- a rather bizarre exercise in navel-gazing, it has grown to form communities, to blog the world's events as they happen, to, if you will, document the current state and future of our collective musings as a species...

And thus, I was most, *ahem*, interested, to be sent the link to The Beef's very own bl0g. I was not entirely surprised to find it full of the following:
Other highlights include: The Beef, uber-feminist referring to her girlfriend as her "ho"; the fact that apparently everyone at her college hates her; the fact that she sewed her girlfriends bag up but it's ok because "At least I ain't sewing and washing for some grotty chauvinist of a boy."

One only needs to take a glance at the blogs (or should I say, Livejournals) of the other Sony Sound System posse in order to fully appreciate the full essence of that "community". I leave it as an exercise to the reader to follow the friends links on The Beef's blog.

The surprise of course is the blog's similarity to most people's very own logs of self-contemplation. It's apparently not so easy to stand out from the crowd after all, huh? And let's not forget the rather ovine, shall we say, nature of her namesake.

6 comments:

queerlittleprincess said...

Is this someone you know?

Snipergirl said...

Uh huh. She's the person who pretty much led all the anti-male feeling/behaviour in the queer lounge this year. Unsurprisingly none of us like her much.

queerlittleprincess said...

I didn't think there were people like that around anymore. I like to pride myself on being the most hardcore feminist on campus- but I come across looking like a 50s postergirl compared with this one! I mean some of my best friends are men. I even sleep with men sometimes. Oh my god! I am such a sell out!

Snipergirl said...

I think the scary thing is more that she's not the only one... ever since I started uni many of the women's room chicks have been psycho separatists. I reckon it's partially that way because of ye olde Sheila Jeffreys, who is either the head of gender studies or at least one of the most prominent lecturers in gender studies. Man, she is THE uber-separatist anti-male political lesbian. Political lesbian? Like, WTF mate...

Anonymous said...

Dr Jeffries is not the head of the Gender Studies department. She is not even in the department, nor does she teach any of the core gender studies subjects. The Gender studies department is housed in the department of History while Dr Jeffries works in the department of Political Science. I believe the coordinator of gender studies is Dr Kalissa Alexeyev.

Snipergirl said...

Damn you, Don-Fatale! Sign in!

Come to think of it I'm not so surprised Shiela isn't a Gender Studies lecturer... if she was it would probably be called Womyn's Studies.

Ok, now I'm just being facetious.