Sunday, October 17, 2004

Super-Special Magical Powers!

Alright, I think I've got it. I know exactly why the lights in our apartment keep blowing. This story begins with a game called Arcanum and a political party called Family First.

According to this news story, certain Family First supporters believe that lesbians are witches and should be burnt at the stake. While the first time I read it I was frankly quite disturbed at the fact that there were people who had views like that who could potentially end up in government, the next thought which occurred to me was along the lines of "Cool! I have magical powers!"

However, you see, in the world of Arcanum, people fit along a continuum of magic users and science/technology users. Science/technology users don't tend to have anything supernatural happen around them and thus magic tends to fail around them. On the other hand, machinery and gadgets tend to malfunction around magic users to a higher than normal degree.

Which brings me to my final point. My computer's acting weirdly and lights have been blowing in our place since we moved in. And it's obviously one of the unfortunate side-effects of being supernaturally talented. But soon enough I'm sure I'll be able to cast some light spell or something and all will be well!

Just have to start working on those curses. I'm sure they'll come in handy when the next election comes around...

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for clearing things up, that explains a lot. No wonder I've had to fix the refrigerator twice in three months.

I wonder, are gay men warlocks? Because, that would be so cool, especially if the cast of 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' could manifest the perfect outfit/hairdo/furniture/accessory on command. We could start building shrines. Yes, I can see it now, the Temple of Carson. All hail the might polyfiber blend.

David said...

Witch, bitch.....

hmmm.

I could take this so far....either the smutty side, or the not so smutty side....

snipergirl likes smut, so i will go the other way....

FAMILY FIRST suX0rs

Snipergirl said...

more like suXXXors