Monday, October 18, 2004

Gender Studies 101

So, today we have the o-week elections at college, and as usual they are the usual collection of rather humourous but highly wrong performances. The impressive degree to which the male population of International House will go to find new and creative ways in which to dress up as a girl is also... suspicious. One act in particular was rather intriguing as to its subtext. Let me deconstruct this act, gender studies style:

First, we have 4 guys and 1 girl in suits. They do a dance.
Nothing interesting here. Move along.

Next, they all rip off their costumes to reveal schoolgirl outfits.
Alright, so the boys have had a sex change.

The "girls" split into pairs (plus the real girl who's just on her own) and dance dodgily with each other.
They're transsexual lesbians who are into other transsexual lesbians?

Then one of the "girls" of each pair unwraps a banana, holds it in front of "her" groin, and the other one eats it.
Oh, my mistake, they're pre-op. CHICKS WITH DICKS! LESBIANS! INTERRACIAL! TEENS AMATEUR! HORNY SCHOOLGIRLS! VOTe FOR MY TEH WEBSITE XXX W4R3Z!!!

Oh yeah, and the random girl is just there, looking happy for no apparent reason.
Fag Hags. Honestly, when will they ever learn.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do except offer betting odds for The Master having a sex change by age 40. Hmmm...

11 comments:

Crono said...

So what *are* the odds at the moment? Is it a good bet?

nomercyboy said...

Richey, you don't even know who the Master is. And neither do I, unless you're talking about the guy off Dr. Who.

Hmm, but I think he's already wayyyy over 40.

I've no fish to embarrass myself further, I'll let myself trout.

Snipergirl said...

The odds? Well... let's see, he dressed up as a girl with a scary pink wig for National Night, there was his O-week skit, and he's of course singing the lumberjack song of all things for Music Night and people have a tendency to have thought he had bisexual potential (he doesn't, apparently). Yes, that's 3 references to cross-dressing in 1 semester. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to work out exactly what probability this translates to in reality.

nomercyboy said...

Well, I hardly think that singing the lumberjack song is an indication of anything, except good taste in music.

David said...

odds on "the master"

sex change by 40....

5:3 against are my odds. i think s/he (hehehe) will be influenced by all the other students, and therefore probably not do it....remember that JH also dressed up as a girl....oh..he's still going out with SR (i think) and we all know who wears the pants in that relationship.

Snipergirl said...

OMG lol! Yeah, those two are one of those weird couples I totally did not understand. What are the odds that SR will have a sex change and that JH will stay with her regardless?

Actually that's a good question... If you met someone of your preferred gender who you were really attracted to, physically and emotionally, but they turned out to be a transsexual, would you still be with them? I think as far as I'm concerned, I would, though perhaps the fact would weird me out for quite some time. What do you guys think?

Sherriff said...

*Crazy hypothetical situation!*

I'm sitting at a bar casually sipping my Vodka and Dry. Across the smoky room I catch the glance of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Like...FUCK.
Oh my god! She's coming over!
We talk and it turns out that not only is she beautiful, she's fucking AMAZING. Intelligent, passionate, witty without the glib (hate the glib) EVERYTHING. She's everything.
Wow.
We don't do anything that night but we catch up the next day and it's even more intense in the light of day.
This is CRAZY.
Eventually, after a long lunch turned dinner turned drinks, filled with informed yet humorous political discussion we find ourselves in a bedroom gazing into each others eyes and slowly disrobing when...

"MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FUCK YOU'VE GOT A COCK! WHAT THE FUCK OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY YOU'VE GOT A COCK!" But you REALLY look like a gorgeous woman! This is FUCKING WEIRD OH MY GOD FUCK!"

I go down on her / him.

She talk good.

The End.

nomercyboy said...

Years ago, I asked the same question of someone, her reply was quite clearly that she wouldn't consider a relationship with someone of the same gender.

At the time, I thought I was different. I though, you know, maybe. If I really loved her, I wouldn't let something like her gender get in the way of things. But now, I think I've come to the realisation that I'm not as open-minded as I always thought I was.

Snipergirl said...

Intriguing... I suppose the only reason I'd possibly think any differently to "no I'd never go there" is that occasionally (read: very occasionally) there'll be a drag queen who is just randomly good looking. And I think "Hmmm, I probably wouldn't mind some of that". Of course if it actually came down to it, who knows how I would really react. And I think I'd definitely react differently if I'd known all along than if she sprung it on me by surprise. I think if someone was post-op it also wouldn't matter as much?

nomercyboy said...

Hmm, I guess it's just one of those things where you won't really know how you'll react until it happens.

David said...

i wouldn't. guys are so gross =P

I have nothing against people who would, but...it just doesn't do it for me.