Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Secret Life of Fictional Characters...

So, Fearsome Beret and I, as well as spending this part of the pre-semester period in the same vicinity, are also working on a movie idea of mine from back in the day. It's a bit of "Pepi, Luci, Bom", a bit of "Chasing Amy", perhaps with some of the techniques of "Y Tu Mama Tambien. One may wonder how such a weird combination of influences could ever work but... we'll see.

Anyway, what's prompting me to post on this fine evening is that I read out some of the insights I had about my characters a few months ago. Interesting observations such as "Stephanie Walsh is a bit of a social climber and doens't respect her friendships" and "Fiona can be a bit up-herself". Yes that's right, while I may love I characters I apparently bitch about them behind their back too. Still, I suppose they deserve it. Steph for breaking up with Kate and then sleeping with some random guy, and Fiona for making Steph have doubts about Kate in the first place. In fact, Kate could really have been a little bit more understanding and a little less of a whore for the relationship. I'm sure that Hannah is really the only sensible one of the lot of them, but she just projects all her feelings about her gay ex-boyfriend onto others' relationships. Lindsay, Megan and Sarah can go to hell in my opinion and probably will. I feel sorry for Matt. He's such a nice guy and Steph is probably just using him to get over Kate.

Amusingly enough Matt is the character most like Fearsome Beret and Kate is the character most like me. And let's not go into the resemblance of Steph to certain young ladies that I know...

No comments: